četrtek, 26. maj 2011

'You don't have to like it to make money with it'

I haven't posted in a while, mainly cause I've been exploring this whole internet thing and some things were happening in RL (so I was too busy to post, sort of:).

I've been helping someone find support in RL and have learnt some things in the process myself..

I also thought about what my mum said: 'You don't have to like it to make money with it.'

I think that's essentially true. Ideally, yes, we'd find money with what we like doing, if it's necessary, we can make money with things we DON'T MIND doing too... And even something deemed 'boring' can be of great help to someone else... (and be beneficial to you both in long-term ways)

The whole 'do what you love and money will follow' is true to some extent, works better for some people than others I think.. It also depends on your personality/character: if you are too 'ADD'-ish and change interests quickly, maybe 'what you love' will be different each month - or each day, and you might be in trouble..

Mum actually said: 'When we were young we didn't think about whether we would LOVE doing it, we just did what had to be done, to get money.'

Of course it was different times then... Still, part of it rang true... As a nation, as a world, many of us are sort of 'spoilt'... And we have been brought up with some expectations that haven't come true, in some cases..

Sometimes it takes some humility and self-questioning to 'go back to basics', and re-evaluate things, and yourself...

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar