sobota, 7. maj 2011

Would MONEY Come to Your Bathroom? ;)

This is supposed to be an accountability blog, so I'll try to be honest. :)
And I'll try to post at least weekly.

I've had blog post ideas for this blog before, and keep getting across stuff that 'would be great to keep track of' so I hope to put some of it here.
The idea is to put stuff into Notepad first so I can keep privacy here. :)

I finally cleaned my bathroom after reading in a feng shui book that yikes you need to have a clean bathroom if you want money to come into your home!!
(Also, Dad said he'd unplug the computer if I didn't, before Easter. /Sigh./)

Feng shui books also say you need to declutter and have a place/flat/house that money would love to visit!! (SouthEast corner and some other directions may be especially relevant, this may be different for everyone according to time of birth etc.)

All Lifestyle Makeover websites emphasized the importance of decluttering too, so I thought heck, let's go for it.

Hmm.

I even started re-reading Julie Morgenstern again. And was greatly inspired.

However, in the world of Mum and Dad apparently getting the 'small garage' ready has priority. And then some furniture could be moved there, and then some of my old furniture could be moved there and some Granny's furniture could be put up in the attic... It's been driving me crazy, as you can imagine!! :)
I empty a closet and mean to be rid of it, and then it's a no go.

Got some cardboard boxes at a store, many of old notes from Uni etc are going in there and into the 'unlivable' space... It's been difficult to sort through paper but Julie Morgenstern is merciless, and so am I. (Just kidding, I'm really not. I mostly just box and rearrange and take notes, don't really toss things, that wouldn't be Zero Waste/eco, would it??)
Then, I'll try to find space for all my 'artsy materials' (stuff I have no other idea what to do with :)

So it seems like Mission Impossible, somewhat.

Meanwhile, sis has gotten a brand new bathroom (sort of). And is very happy of it (though I still think it could be designed better!! :)

I thought about my money goals: the idea of earning money with passive income anonymously appeals to me very much.
I'll also do some RL stuff I suppose (though I already felt somewhat not-so-happy I took on some stuff lol).

My attic flat (and the bathroom) are still not really 'presentable' to anyone with LOTS of money haha (it's tons better though!) It's a work in progress I guess!! :)
(And I don't want to watch ApartmentTherapy so much cause it'd only make me depressed lol.)

I don't know if I'll be able to create the type of living space I'd like, so I gave myself more leeway: to create 'life of my dreams' in 10 years or so.... Mostly: PEACE and SPACE and such... :)

It felt much more reassuring and relaxing.

Sis has a balcony where one can have relative peace even if all else is overcluttered and turned upside down. And guess what? I had a hunch the neighbour was almost a bit jealous of me sitting on the balcony, writing, while she had to go to a family do, kids in the car, etc. (Of course I'm kinda jealous of her pretty flat and the family/kids too!:)

Julie Morgenstern still needs to meet my dad though.

I've gotten better at asking him for each day and week again what plans there are ahead. (Still some surprises though yikes, partly due to weather and other people's plans!!)

If there's noisy drilling from renovation I can go take a walk and read/write at a cottage in the hills. (Would be perfect if I didn't smell candles from a cemetery yikes!!) I have some other options, they don't seem so appealing for rainy days though (most include some walking/hiking, or perhaps car use, yikes.)

The fairytale manuscript still hasn't been found: Where the heck is it??

The fun thing about decluttering and organizing is that you sometimes find the most unexpected things, and sometimes things just 'disappear' lol!

I can't wait to have my own mini-kitchen in the attic, and hopefully some more peace of mind.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar